Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Quality Time

A few months ago, we canceled cable at my house. I've gone without cable several times in my life, so it wasn't that big of a deal once we finally did it. It's funny how long it takes to get around to calling the cable company. I really thought I would miss it this time around.

Admittedly, I didn't watch a ton of TV, but everything I watched was DVRed. I think I have recorded every episode of Law & Order: SVU to date, along with every episode of Divine Design, and any cool documentaries that were sprinkled throughout 200 channels of junk. That's about it.

It amazes me every time how little I miss cable. I don't even notice it's gone. The Wee One checks out movies at the library every so often, and we have an antenna. I watch one hour a week (at least until Lost ends) and that's really it. It give us so much more time for more important things. Like sitting on the front porch.

Every night for the past week, Wee One and I climb on the wicker loveseat and watch the world. We play "My Car, Your Car," watch the squirrels run along the phone lines, talk about anything and everything, and most importantly, keep hoping the birds will follow our trails of birdseed leading to our seat. My daughter has the ultimate dream of becoming a Snow White/Sleeping Beauty type figure with birds flocking to sit on her shoulders and sing to her. Hey, you gotta have goals.

Every morning (that I wake up early enough, and we aren't running around like crazy girls) I sit out there and watch the sky's slow color change while I sip my coffee. This morning Wee One joined me with a bowl of cereal. It was the perfect start to the day.
In other news, my rose bush is exploding...Wee One picks several roses a day, and there are still a million and a half...Yeah, that's a dust pan and peanut butter jar...we made bird feeders.
No, she's not really eating anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment